Instructions for Etisalat D-Link Mobile Router (DWM-157) installation in Windows 10.
The adapter and the service where provided with no instructions, so I had to google a bit. Maybe it works “automatically” for you. Otherwise, try these steps to get the Etisalat mobile service working. The list below looks quite long, but don’t despair, its not that complicated. I just like using lots of numbers for steps.
- Insert SIM card. Snap out the big section and leave the smaller SIM card attached to this bigger adapter section.
- Insert device in USB port
- Installation doesn’t start automatically? good, it shouldn’t (better security). Now go look for the installer. The device should show up as a USB drive, so look in “This PC”
- Start and follow the installer directions, nothing to it. Done, close.
- Click on the D-Link Connection Manager on your desktop (Or Programs)
- It took one day for Etisalat to make the service available for me. Before I got service, this is what my panel looked like:
After the service was activated, looking better:
- But no pages were loading. So there is this APN thing.
- On the D-Link manager, click the gears icon (Options)
- Go to Profile Management
- Profile name: Internet
- APN: etisalat.ae
- Access Number: *99#
- User name and Password – leave blank
- Authentication: PAP
- Make it Default. You may try the Connect button and see if it works. Once connected, your panel will look like this: