Specializing in startup, fast growing medical device companies, developing CRM/salesforce.com and other IT and marketing needs. Other areas of expertise include website development and administration; ecommerce, graphic design, branding, and marketing material; social media and SEO; physician assistance with publications, posters and presentations; user and systems design, management, and support.
Startup Rx 2014-2015 – Consultant
Salesforce .com administration and development; web and graphic design. Currently developing for Echobio, Inari Medical, Synaptive Medical, The Ocean Cleanup (volunteer).
Medtronic 2014-2015 – Sr. Systems Analyst
Worked with Medtronic ST instance of salesforce.com, implementing and facilitating data and functionality migration from Visualase salesforce to Medtronic salesforce. Worked in location with the ST team (Broomfield, CO) as well as remotely.
Visualase 2009-2014 (Acquired by Medtronic) – Director of IT
Successfully grew the company’s marketing, information systems and IT from a sales team of 3 to a team of 40+. Worked directly with CEO, COO, CFO, directors, managers, and sales team, as well as physicians. Activities below are listed in chronological order. This includes development and implementation decisions, including choosing systems and platforms.
– Designed, developed and managed website. Includes one development site, one backup site, and the live site in 2 different server host centers.
– Designed and implemented various social sites. Facebook, Twitter, youtube, Vimeo and more.
– Drove SEO! www.visualase.com (lasik, UK) dominated “visualase” results and ended up 5 pages back in Google after a few months of my SEO work.
– Implemented visualase.net as an external file repository (extranet) for case studies, presentations, business development presentations, Due Diligence, and other files to be shared outside of Visualase.
– Designed and printed all marketing material, which remained in use for 4 years until the Medtronic acquisition. Included brochures, PowerPoint presentations, html5 presentation with animation for use in website, USB Flash drives, and iPads.
– Designed and created all case studies for 3 years, when I trained staff to continue these.
– Shot and edited various procedure and training videos.
– Much of the design work is still being used now at Medtronic.
Manager of Information Systems
– Google Apps. Migrated all Visualase and Biotex email from an on-site Zimbra mail server. Implemented and administer email, calendar, filesharing, chat, videochat
– SharePoint. Created an intranet to track all documents and case data, eventually migrated into Salesforce.com. Implemented and administered.
– Supported all local and remote hardware and software (non-device).
– Project Manager, Due Diligence for Medtronic’s Visualase acquisition.
Other Development – during acquisition
– Working on implementing a fully automated clinical case study system.
– Working with development team for the workstation’s next generation GUI/UX
– Planning QuickBooks and Salesforce integration
– Due Diligence project manager for the Medtronic acquisition of Visualase.
The Los Angeles Film School 2003-2006
A startup company, was hired for web development, then moved to branding and marketing, eventually leading to systems administrator. Developed and managed online strategies, websites, SharePoint, interactive presentations, marketing campaigns, digital media development. Early adapter of live video streaming, supported 150+ staff and students a year. Successfully sold after 2 years, continued support for new owners for almost one year.
Systems Administrator, Web Development, Graphic Design, Video Commercials, and Marketing. Various national and international clients.